Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVI exstenders

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by litemover View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that we should be stepping into a new era bypassing all of the analogue RGB-HV and 15pin garbage, and go straight DVI to every source right out of the MAC?
    I'll never stop to say that monitors are useless , waste of room and even wrong resolution most of the time .

I like to run cable from Macpro directly to christies , witch native matrix it's 1400 x 1050 . If you connect a monitorz between the very expensive 1400 x 1050 matrix will have to follow the very cheep monitor resolution ...

I use a macbook pro to remote control and setup the catalyst servers ( head less ) Using ethernet cable , I can even go faraway from the servers .

People want useless preview ? Good we have it , since lasted release R the wizard make possible to get preview out of a mix .

Or even better go to convert all your library in a very lowres format and run your macbook pro as monitor as remote of the big Mac pro .

On most projectors, there is more control over the image attributes at analogue level than DVI (and SDI) - important if the image needs to be adjusted between projectors. This is the same for a number of LED screen processors too...

Ir really depends upon the nature of the application to decide which signal will be appropriate. - none of them are infallible and all have their drawbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post

Ir really depends upon the nature of the application to decide which signal will be appropriate. - none of them are infallible and all have their drawbacks
    I completely agree with you here, there is no one solution to everything, you need to make the decision based on the gear on the gig, and what's available, there is almost always a mix of needed signals, etc.