I am doing quite a bit of shows, and there is a lot of DVI gear on it, but it is alwyas a mix. Like I said before, there are places where I feel DVI is a better route to go, and there are others where I still prefer to go SDI. I have yet to be on a show where one thing is the solution for everything. I have simply been trying to point this out.
While the gefen gear can be good, I feel there are still improvements to be made on it before Id want to start using it for all my stuff. Their support sucks, and finding replacement gear is not always easy.
Yes, imagepros have their issues, but those issues (such as overheating) are known by people who use them, and you design around those issues,.(i.e. dont stack them without ventilation)
I have not made a final judgement on the gear yet, but any judgements I have made thus far have been based solely on actual use of the gear, not based on specs.

I still cant go DVI if I need to send a feed to a video truck which can only take SDI, which happens all the time.
Its still easier for me to get SDI gear than DVI over fiber stuff, more shops have this gear in quantity.
Imagepros still give me more flexibility in troubleshooting systems.
I still cant go DVI inot most seamless switchers.

I am not saying I am against using DVI gear, just that it has its places in my opinion, as does SDI gear, and that I think some of the gear still needs to come a bit further. I'm sure in a few years, it will be more readily available, but SDI is not going away any time soon, and in an industry where we have to work with amny different types of gear, it is still something we need to plan on using.

Its just like lighting. You use different tools for different jobs.

Jason