Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Implement DRM content protection

Quote Originally Posted by litemover View Post
    It would be great if you were able to authorize a computer like in I tunes to copy protect your Content via DRM.

This way, you won't see your own content on other people's shows as I have.

Managing content and keeping people with portable drives from snaking it off you is a big issue.

Christian Choi

Did you try FILE VAULT ? how does that ?

Quote Originally Posted by litemover View Post

It would also be cool if it was DRM because there are so many DVI extenders that preserve DRM, this would make it impossible for the truck to record your digital work, they would be able to record it anologue but if you used Thinklogical DVI fiber extenders or Gefen DVI ST fiber extenders instead of Imagepros, you would be protected to some degree wherever you send your digital DRM content.Christian
    What your talking about here is HDCP, and I dont think this will happen, as Richard would need a license from IBM, which is not cheap, and even then it does not prevent someone from grabbing your stuff, it just reduces the resolution on the line from HD to SD, so they can still grab your content, it just wont be HD.
    Also, not many video cards on Macs are HDCP compliant, so even if he was to implement it, it wouldn't work on bsically every catalyst in existence.

Jason

I agree with Christian. This is something I have been discussing with Richard from day one of using Catalyst, back in v1.2. Since then I have similarly paid thousands on content and have spent many hours, months in fact shooting, encoding, editing or creating my own.

A solution should be found as early as possible.

I have a notion (without any technical knowledge of how this could be done s/w wise I might add) of a time based permission structure which would enable/disable content folders or files from being read or written, yet could be extended remotely via some kind of securely encrypted password structure.

I have seen both audio and video files, which expire so there must be some way of solving this problem.

Ross

We have been struggling with this problem , we know that people just loves to copy everything thay can and nothing is 100% safe. Our digigobos series are copied a lot, also custom content that are left on a hire machine. I always try to clean the discs after a production....but......

QuickTime has built-in support for encryption using media keys--only viewers who have the key can view the media. It's very similar to the way you unlock QuickTime Pro's editing features. Currently, only Sorenson video has implemented media key protection as an option for their codecs.

One option should be that you ( as in Maxedia / Hippotizer ) are loading in your stuff into a file that can´t be moved from the unit, just deleted...
    Peppe Tannemyr
    Beacon DigiGobos®
    www.digigobos.com / www.gobogroup.com

I was wondering if someone would simply invent a drive that cannot be copied from, just read, written or formatted.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rosswill View Post
    I was wondering if someone would simply invent a drive that cannot be copied from, just read, written or formatted.

Ross
    Did you try File Vault ?