How about a really cool touchscreen GUI that you can use with the Matrox Triplehead2go that would pipe midi data back into the console of choice in order to select folders, files and playmodes, Visual/Color effects and the list goes on.

It would be cool if the GUI was tabbed so you could just click the VFX tab then go back to the general tab and switch thumbnailed and moving files, the commands would send midi commands from the G5 to the console telling the console to do anything from selecting layers to applying keystone correction with drag points. It would make life so much simpler, especially a smart GUI with intelligent Layer managment tools and color coded modes.

I would definately use and spec this tool. All you would need are the midi codes for every major console manufacturer and an Operations GUI design with touchscreen support. I'd start with the Hog 3 but I'm Biased.

You could call it "The Aviator" because it would enable you to fly through blind and stormy weather with easy programming of Catalyst. Or you could call it "The Glide path" But that sounds like a personal lubricant.

Christian