Thread: Artnet problem

Artnet problem

So I am running 5 catalysts on my show. All of them are networked and I've been transfering files back and forth and also doing remote control library scans, restarts and shut downs just fine with all of them, but I'm having 2 problems.

The set up is 2 active catalysts with a live back up for each of those, then 1 more spare for the network control and also to have a spare mac around.

Problem 1: spare mac works for networking, but can't get artnet to run. Setting are identical to one of my actives, but I must be missing something

Problem 2: When running live back ups, it seems the clips begin to lag a bit any ideas?

Thanks

John McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by johnboylightboy
    So I am running 5 catalysts on my show. All of them are networked and I've been transfering files back and forth and also doing remote control library scans, restarts and shut downs just fine with all of them, but I'm having 2 problems.

The set up is 2 active catalysts with a live back up for each of those, then 1 more spare for the network control and also to have a spare mac around.

Problem 1: spare mac works for networking, but can't get artnet to run. Setting are identical to one of my actives, but I must be missing something
    Have you set the IP address to something different than the active machines? You can't have the same IP! The DMX addresses can be identical but the machines need to be separate entities.

Problem 2: When running live back ups, it seems the clips begin to lag a bit any ideas?
    Even if you had identical set ups of Hardrives etc. You will struggle to stay in sync. You could program in a sync for the backups. But this would mean you need them as seperate fixtures and not just addressed the same. I would have thoufght that if a machine lolcked up and you had to switch over that the lagging behing could actually work in your favour to cover the crash and no content would be missed. there is always a positive spin on these things ;-)

Cheers

Toby

Thanks

John McGuire
    make sure you have file sharing turned off - too when you run your shows.

how many layers and files are you trying to play on each machine?
    if you are trying to sync things - you need to operate conservatively.