Thread: Mix test questions

Mix test questions

I am using 4.10m119. I am mixing layer 1+2 to mix 6 on layer 3. I have noticed that the size of the mix window in dependant on what size file I have loaed below. Though if i try to use layer 3 on layer 5 it finds the file listed on layer 3 and not the mix effect. Just something I noticed that I was wondering about.

Pic attached below

Ryan

http://www.dayoneprod.com/submixuselayer.tiff

use layer is used, that you only stream a movie or someelse one time from harddisk. it's horrorfull for each hard disk, to stream the same movie a second time.

use layer function will only load the layer from another layer and have all other parameters separate. so you can use the same image/movie with different positions, scale, rotates, colour fx, visual fx,....

Mix test

So using a "Use Layer" on a layer that is running a "Mix Test" Effect will not see the image that is actually playing on that layer.. but the file selected below.

Just wondering if other people had noticed that the shape of the mix test on layer 3 depends on what file you have loaded in the file choice.

as long as we are on this subject, I like the use layer function a lot, especially with multiple outputs and different mixes. It would be even better if you also had the choice of "use layer with effects" (both color and visual FX). This would create the possibilities to layer different effects and only run one movie. That would be really great!