Having just completed another show, I can see certain advantages to the way that it works currently. However, it is far easier to update a layer using the layer window in live than having to scroll down in the 'edit presets' popup window. Currently when the updates are complete, then your only options are to snapshot the entire layer, thus destroying any fades that have been programmed into that layer.

To preserve the fades, and to make updating presets far quicker, it would be helpful to have an "update all layers" and "update layer x" commands in the drop down list for each preset. This command would only update attributes that have changed from what is in the preset already. Some kind of comparison algorithm would be needed to compare what is live on stage and what is recorded in the preset. I've mentioned this before and I think someone else has recently put this request in the new features section.

Obviously all of this is to aid those of us using Catalyst as a stand alone entity. I'm sure all of this is not even on the radar of those who program Catalyst from a Hog 2 or 3.

Kevin