Thread: Editing Presets

Hybrid View

Files encoded DV-PAL and played fine in QT. All layers set to mode 10 (play fwd > 0) or 12 (play fwd once > 0). The movies played fine on their own, it was when you had multiple layers at the same time. It sounds as if more RAM won't help, but that sounds counter-intuitive. Surely if the computer is being asked to do more, having more RAM will help?

Editing presets blind...Yes, followed the method you suggest. Try editing a preset blind and edit the intensity attribute. My system moves the fader live on stage, even though the preset I am editing is not loaded and has absolutely nothing to do with what is on stage.

However, updating a preset without destroying the fade times on the intensity attribute is the real time saver for me, if there is a way to do it. What I need to do is update the preset, not really re-snapshot it. Some kind of command similar to a lighting desk that will only update the attributes that have changed and leave everything else alone.

Cheers,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kmclights
    Files encoded DV-PAL and played fine in QT. All layers set to mode 10 (play fwd > 0) or 12 (play fwd once > 0). The movies played fine on their own, it was when you had multiple layers at the same time. It sounds as if more RAM won't help, but that sounds counter-intuitive. Surely if the computer is being asked to do more, having more RAM will help?

Here's the thing, adding more RAM will help the computer out, and it might improve your performance, but only VERY slightly, if at all. The computer really isnt being asked to do much in terms of what it can do, its the Hard Drive that is doing all of the work really. At what quality were these files encoded?

Quote Originally Posted by kmclights

However, updating a preset without destroying the fade times on the intensity attribute is the real time saver for me, if there is a way to do it. What I need to do is update the preset, not really re-snapshot it. Some kind of command similar to a lighting desk that will only update the attributes that have changed and leave everything else alone.
    Fair enough. Leaving the performance side of my enquiry, can someone answer my issue with editing/updating presets?

Thanks,
    Kevin

I've accepted the fact that editing presets is a live process and that blind editing doesn't exist unless I want to turn Full Screen OFF or disconnect my outputs. But then it is not really blind editing in the lighting sense, it is just live editing without the output.

Kevin