Thread: Version 4 HD Manual

Version 4 HD Manual

Is there somewehere i can download a more detailed manual for Catalyst 4 HD, i have gone through the online help with the demo versions but it does not cover a lot of features/questions i have.

Cheers

Gareth Jeanne

2. Hi Gareth

please PM me & I will see if I can help you with your questions.

regards

Nev

Cheers i will check out those manuals and come back to you if i have any questions.

Gareth

also try the 'whats new' from the help menu

Yeah got your email, thanks for that.

Quick question, whenever i start up catalyst with the tripple head to go card attached it defaults back to the reolution, "1024x768 i think" on output 2.

Is there any way to make it stick to the 3072x768 reolution required by the card so i don't need to manually set it every time i restart catalyst.

Cheers

Gareth

you need to quit catalyst - change the resolution in the system preferences -
    dont use catalyst to change screen settings - and quit catalyst whenever you want to change screen-

this is because any screen changes you made in catalyst are removed when you quit it- by the system.

Set the resolution in system preferences FIRST.

Also ensure that 'set screen to resolution xx at startup' is not enabled in the catalyst control window for the relevant screen

Be aware that depending upon your graphics card, you may not be able to achieve 3072x768 in catalyst, despte being able to see it on the Mac desktop. Its due to limitations with the OpenGL texture size on the graphics card (i think...)

I have tried with that resolution on a 2.0 and 2.7G Dual G5 both with 9800Pro and X800 graphics cards. Mac Desktop will display the resolution - Catalyst will not. I had to settle for 2400x600 - which was fine, as I was scan-converting to SDI.

Not all the resolutions listed for Dual and Tripple Head are achievable in catalyst (depending upon graphics card) - refresh rate can also be a limiting factor. I may post some test results here soon...