Thread: Presets Questions

Presets Questions

1.Is there any way to take a snapshot of what is going on in layer 1 and save that information to Layer 2 on a preset. or copy layer to layer in the hud.

2.Is there anyway to reset a layer to the startup default. ie no fx no colour no file.

there should be a way to do (1).

(2) - there is a 'Clear to Off' button in the edit preset dialog.

i havent got back around to working on new features for this yet.

there should be an easier way of doing this too.

I actually like that it isn't too easy to do (2). It makes it harder to destroy work you've already done. Having said that...one of the first things I usually do is create a "reset preset" by snapshoting all layers at their zeroed out values.

As far as (1) goes...yeah, it's bugged me that you can't do that too. It would be a handy feature, especially now that some of us are dealing with 6 outputs. Being able to quickly move content from one screen to another would be nice. If you simply want the same content on multiple screens, use the technique of referencing one layer from another that was brought up a couple weeks ago.

i mean it should be somekindof drag and drop thing -

i know its not easy enough to do these things.

Presets

Doesnt the clear to off on the preset just clear the values on the preset. but not reset the actual layer values to default? I would need to make a preset that forces everything back to clear. I think it would be useful for going from one look to another when you dont want parts to track forward like efects of color values. Though I know you could just snapshot the whole layer.

Though the copy part would be very useful esp for using like layer 12 to make sure something looks right on the control machine then copy that to a layer that is actually being used be the show computer.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    i mean it should be somekindof drag and drop thing
    Yeah, are we talking about doing this live, or in the preset editor?
    For live, maybe in the hud-layers-playback section. Either drag and drop from line to line or from preview to preview.
    This is sort of becoming a "feature request" thread.

Copy from layers

I was more interested in being able to copy from one layer to another on the presets. but either way to copy from one layer to another would be useful. Even with the new use layer fx.