Thread: New Digital Triplehead2go

New Digital Triplehead2go

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/ca...gital/home.php

Matrox has released an all digital Triple Head2Go. They also released a digital version of the dualhead, but it uses an analog input, the triple head digital version gives you either digital or analog input, so you can now have a totally digital output while using the triple head 2 go.

Very nice

Jason Rudolph

and so ? ? ? I don't have eknologe to understand what
    Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    only 60hz...
    mean .

Cheers

it doesnt list any 75HZ refresh rates in the spec i saw.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    it doesnt list any 75HZ refresh rates in the spec i saw.
    What's the problem ? I don't know noting about Hertz issue

This would be a problem for anyone working on the PAL standard, where the framerate is 25 fps, so you would want to run your monitors at 75Hz. For those of us on the NTSC standard (30fps), 60Hz is what we use.

This is an issue if you are doing television work, as the refresh rate will show up on camera if it is not a multiple of the framerate being recorded. This is also a timing issue in catalyst, as if you have 30fps videos running at 75Hz, the length of the video will effectively change. It might not be noticeable for many clips.

This is also important if you are directly driving any diplay sources which natively require a refresh rate of 75Hz. Most sources you can run at 60Hz no problem though.

Jason Rudolph

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph
    This would be a problem for anyone working on the PAL standard, where the framerate is 25 fps, so you would want to run your monitors at 75Hz. For those of us on the NTSC standard (30fps), 60Hz is what we use.

This is an issue if you are doing television work, as the refresh rate will show up on camera if it is not a multiple of the framerate being recorded. This is also a timing issue in catalyst, as if you have 30fps videos running at 75Hz, the length of the video will effectively change. It might not be noticeable for many clips.

This is also important if you are directly driving any diplay sources which natively require a refresh rate of 75Hz. Most sources you can run at 60Hz no problem though.

Jason Rudolph

thank you .

this is rather a large problem in europe.

and as far as i can tell, this 'digital' device only has an analogue vga input?

Nope, the dual head has an analog input only, which makes no sense to me....the triple head has both an analogue, and a dual-link DVI input on it.
    I'm sure they will either release a european version, or update the specs by the time it ships, this is only preliminary......