Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having problems with Triple Head to Go

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    settings? all of them that relate to what you are trying to do

have you done this before? ( with any equipment not necessarily with catalyst )

Do you understand what this does?

Flat screens or curved?

There are many many many things with doing this stuff.

What do you see?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to image blend last back in January with the beta version and couldn't get it set up right. More than likely operator error.

Right now I am trying to do a mock up, I do not load in till Sunday. I have a through of 18' 6". I am Rear Projection onto flat screen. 4 projectors total. Two outside do not blend. The two inside are blended to make a 10'x 30' panorama.

I have my blend set at 10%. With the blending HUD, I lined up the magenta bars so they are close, but I am having a hard time getting them dead on.

I have my two mixes set so that layer 1 is active on both screens.

My images do not meet correctly. If I move my mixes so that they match up at the screen, then the blend is bad.

try a bigger blend for a start - 15% or 20%

What is the black level light output from the projectors?

Feed them a black input signal - dont need catalyst, and overlap the projectors outputs, what do you see?

This gives you an indication of the black level leak.

If this is noticeable - you might have a hard time.

Are your projectors DLP or LCD?

What is the black level light output from the projectors?

Feed them a black input signal - dont need catalyst, and overlap the projectors outputs, what do you see?

This gives you an indication of the black level leak.

If this is noticeable - you might have a hard time.

Are your projectors DLP or LCD?
    sorry about the delay, I got pulled away.

What how much over lap should I give them. Right now I have the two projectors overlaping by 2'.

What is black level leak? I do have some dead screen area on the top of both projectors, is that what you mean?

I have 2 of the same projector: Proxima LCD 6860.

black level- projectors even when displaying black input - output light - and particularliy lcd ( this is defined through the contrast ratio )

turn the lights off, leave the projectors on, make them both display a black video input, points the projectors at the same wall, and make the outputs overlap-
    what do you see?

---

2' is not a very useful measurement - as any distance overlap depends on image size, and i dont know those things.

I stayed late last night and got everything figured out. The blend looks great at 10%, then I have to use 2 layers to get one image by off-setting the images on the x- axis. This way is going to eat through layers.

Thanks for you help.

black level- projectors even when displaying black input - output light - and particularliy lcd ( this is defined through the contrast ratio )

turn the lights off, leave the projectors on, make them both display a black video input, points the projectors at the same wall, and make the outputs overlap-
    what do you see?

---

2' is not a very useful measurement - as any distance overlap depends on image size, and i dont know those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ILCstaff
    I stayed late last night and got everything figured out. The blend looks great at 10%, then I have to use 2 layers to get one image by off-setting the images on the x- axis. This way is going to eat through layers.

Thanks for you help.
    good.

you can spread a layer on 2 outputs, by selecting it in both sub-mixes.
    so you only need one layer.
    this way you use the 'mix x-offset' per submix

Quote Originally Posted by joshgubler
    I just finished running a show with 2 TH2Gs. Both outputs are running at 3x1024x768. I'll post a pdf profile if it will help identify hardware setups that work.
    I'm sure you did not use ATI RADEON 1900 XT .

I've it , but I can go only 6x800x600 . wich is not bad .

but I wondering what you have used

xt1900 doesn't seem to run 2 th2gs either

I bought two th2g's as well hoping i'd be able to run 6 screens, i was not!
    I have a quad core intel mac with a xt1900 video card, it runs 3 outputs fine on one th2g 3072 x 768 but when the 2nd th2g goes on there i cannot select a th2g see the th2g resolution for that output. I tried running the first th2g at a much lower res but didn't make a difference, does anyone have a graphics card they can suggest that would make this all work?

p.s.
    They are analogue th2g's

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Murray View Post
    I bought two th2g's as well hoping i'd be able to run 6 screens, i was not!
    I have a quad core intel mac with a xt1900 video card, it runs 3 outputs fine on one th2g 3072 x 768 but when the 2nd th2g goes on there i cannot select a th2g see the th2g resolution for that output. I tried running the first th2g at a much lower res but didn't make a difference, does anyone have a graphics card they can suggest that would make this all work?

p.s.
    They are analogue th2g's
    strange .... i'm in a show right now using two triple for a total of 6 800x600

It worked fine on tiger and leo booth 2,66 and 3 giga I've tried this with many system configuration it always worked good ...

can you connect your mac pro to internet ?

do you have an ichat account ?

Can you post the system profile ?