Thread: Question for a show

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ryanww
    Do you know about what the delay is if I were to run through the cat with imag? is it going to be too much?
    I've used a SDI video input from a Video control room , where they was sending me the camera feed .

To be honest , from my experiance it's not real time 100% , it's not bad .

I used to project the face of man while he was talking on stage , if you look the lips on the screen and you ear the words , you may see that there is a bit of latency . Not much but ( as far I know ) there is a bit of delay .

But I THINK this all depends on the system you are going to rent . a Mac Pro it's much more faster and powerful then the old g5 . This is not strecly retalted to the video input delay . I think it's all about the video aqusition card .
    Can't you ask for a system profile b4 you going to rent it and report it in here ? That will be handy , I'm sure many users will share their experiance about a specific system profile .

Did you know you can use a Midi controller directly with Catalyst ? the bcf2000 it's already mapped into V4 .

With a decent system you should have a minimal lag - no more than 1-2 frames from the Catalyst side of things.

Hugh