PDA

View Full Version : CIB to Quartz Composer

wodie
02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi, I have a strange question, is there any way to receive infromation from the CIB (or ARTNET) and use it as a controller like a keystroke or mouse position data? I am going to scroll a large text thru Quartz composer but I need to have it in control.

Thank you,

P.S. Exelent Job with v4

emilianomorgia
09-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Hi, I have a strange question, is there any way to receive infromation from the CIB (or ARTNET) and use it as a controller like a keystroke or mouse position data? I am going to scroll a large text thru Quartz composer but I need to have it in control.

Thank you,

P.S. Exelent Job with v4

Well ... Ask Richrd to get you apple Scripts controll over DMX ( like SAMCS does ) and you can you what ever you want .

E

Spam Butterfly
12-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Actually, it would be pretty neat to get Catalyst to route midi and audio information to Quartz Composer compositions. Also RSS feeds would be pretty cool. I think we'd have to ask Richard nicely though...

conner
05-06-2009, 12:06 PM
I know that thread is a bit old but i found an interesting tool for quartz to receive and send art-net.

http://kineme.net/product/ArtNetTools

kiwi
07-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Well ... Ask Richrd to get you apple Scripts controll over DMX ( like SAMCS does ) and you can you what ever you want .

E

You can do this.
Put the applescript into a cuelist and trigger the cue using DMX

emilianomorgia
08-06-2009, 09:07 AM
You can do this.
Put the applescript into a cuelist and trigger the cue using DMX

Yes now it does :-)

I know that thread is a bit old but i found an interesting tool for quartz to receive and send art-net.

http://kineme.net/product/ArtNetTools

Did you try it ?

conner
09-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes I did, but i can`t get the reveicer to work with my grandma, the sender work and i get signals in catalyst.

I`m still testing and will report.

conner
10-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I don`t get the artnet receiver to work

an other Way might be to use OSC - that is easy to use in Quartz.

OSC is available in the new beta

Quartz might be a solution to get editable text in catalyst -