PDA

View Full Version : Support for Matrox MXO

OlliR
30-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I just got one the Matrox MXO boxes. It is a nice way to directly get HD-SDI out of your Mac... So I wonder if this would be tool to be used with Catalyst.
Not that I had an actual project for this in the pipeline - but quite often the first thing behind the Media server is a Folsom Image Pro that does nothing else than decoding the DVI / VGA signal and encoding it in Serial Digital...
And when you compare the prices of the Image Pros and the MXOs - I might think it is worth looking into it...

Gian
01-12-2006, 12:56 AM
I Know is a different use, but you have a Capture SDI card in your Catalyst System, like a Blackmagic Extreme or so ? If yes, thru the MXO is possible (works ?) to capture a computer presentation and use in one of the Video Inputs with High quality ???

Comuter DVI OUT to SDI conversion using a MXO, then input on the MAc using a SDI capture from a Decklink Capture Card, and have good quality ?

Or the quality still Video (Bad for computer presentations ? )

Thanks

Gian

OlliR
01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
From the specs of the MXO it should work. They do advertise it as broadcast quality dektop presentation output.
I had no chance to check the quality of the HD-SDI - but I could connect it to the input of the blackmagic extreme and see what happens...
Has anyone expierence with HD-Live input into catalyst?

I believe the main issue with any capture and playback solution is that some kind of scaling will appear and you will use your pixel accuracy.
When I think of most of the powerpoint presentation I have seen so far - I doubt that a 6 point font would still be readable after scaling it up or down a little...

I will keep you up to date with whatever I find out...