PDA

View Full Version : Suppress Mac Alerts

Andris
19-11-2006, 08:09 PM
We have 3 cat v4 servers in a museum installation and it would be nice to have an option that would prevent any mac system alerts from showing up on the video outputs.

emilianomorgia
19-11-2006, 10:02 PM
We have 3 cat v4 servers in a museum installation and it would be nice to have an option that would prevent any mac system alerts from showing up on the video outputs.

You have to ask that to Apple http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0109-tongueout.gif

BTW , what kind of messages are you getting ?

If OsX pop up massages that mean it require atention . most of the messages come from software update , or from third party apps . Make sure only cat running at start up .

Also if the museum do not run 24h restart macs every day cycle ( or every week ) restart the Macs every day , and make Cat run at start up .

E

Mr_P
23-11-2006, 03:21 PM
it is possible to write an apple script to handle error messages on startup - but it does depend upon what the error message is.....

I use a delay loader script for catalyst autostartup - it can also be edited to handle errors if reqd

Simon

samsc
23-11-2006, 09:25 PM
you didnt say what kindof alerts you are getting?

Andris
26-11-2006, 07:49 PM
The only one I've seen yet is when the network switch became unplugged and all 3 servers complained about losing the connection.

emilianomorgia
26-11-2006, 11:58 PM
The only one I've seen yet is when the network switch became unplugged and all 3 servers complained about losing the connection.
Well ... it should not be unpluged while the system is running .

E

samsc
27-11-2006, 03:50 PM

can you unplug this again - and do a screen capture of the alert that gets displayed?

emilianomorgia
28-11-2006, 02:13 AM
can you unplug this again - and do a screen capture of the alert that gets displayed?

i think it's the Server disks unmount popup ,

it's a little square windows , it come up when connection get lost , Mac OSX ask if user want to unmount the servers or not . I though ... http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0124-thinking.gif