PDA

View Full Version : video input deinterlaced bug

Gian
04-10-2006, 03:10 AM
When I use a Video Input, in Full Screen mode is fine, but gets a image very digitalized and with latency... when i choose Deinterlaced in settings of the Video input, the image gets perfect and no latency at all...
Up to versions 4.05 that was fine, but in version 4.06, since the CROP was implemented, the image gets very strange, the image is CROPPED on the bottom part, like 50% of the image... that can be replicated in all versions 4.06.
Hope that makes sense... Thanks

Gian

samsc
04-10-2006, 08:42 AM
When I use a Video Input, in Full Screen mode is fine, but gets a image very digitalized and with latency... when i choose Deinterlaced in settings of the Video input, the image gets perfect and no latency at all...
Up to versions 4.05 that was fine, but in version 4.06, since the CROP was implemented, the image gets very strange, the image is CROPPED on the bottom part, like 50% of the image... that can be replicated in all versions 4.06.

Gian

this is a test.

and you have a usb camera- presumably on a laptop - these dont work very fast- they have a lot of latency.
dont judge performance from your laptop webcam.
they also consume graphics resources.

Gian
04-10-2006, 11:34 AM
I just posted you from home, and yes the image (just to show you what happens) is from my home computer, but the same issue happens on our Catalyst systems, with a Decklink Extreme Card.
The thing is in versions 4.06 (with the crop option), when I choose Deinterlaced, he TILTS the image on the Video Input down and CROP like 50% of the image...

The big issue here is the POSITIONING of the image or so... Just check it out

Just make a test... open the Video Input, set Deinterlaced and you will see...

May be I am doing something wrong, but I tested all ways...

Gian
BTW I tested the second input, and the image do not show on the screen at all.

Gian

samsc
04-10-2006, 08:16 PM
video input in this version is just a test for some new features.

if you need a version without this just email me.

emilianomorgia
06-10-2006, 11:52 AM

Gian

Yes confirmed , same here . ( not on Big Mac machine just a little one , but same results )

samsc
07-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Yes confirmed , same here . ( not on Big Mac machine just a little one , but same results )

yes but this was just a test build....i left it in for someone else .... who needed the cropping.

emilianomorgia
08-10-2006, 12:14 AM
how to use cropping ?

samsc
08-10-2006, 12:32 AM
you click and drag the crop area - in video input HUD - to select only a sub area of the video input.

then select video input 20 - from file.

and it only displays sub-image

emilianomorgia
08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
just want to report that 4.06 beta 3 was working better . Beta 4 does bad .

also perfomance get VERY VERY VERY slowly on beta 4 ( using a macbook )

I know macbook it's not a top machine , but beta 3 was perform much much much better then beta 4 .

Thanks

samsc
08-10-2006, 06:52 PM
there is no difference in performance between these builds.
because i didnt change anything that affected performance.

are you trying to play back your 3 800x600 movies on your macbook?
And have then all in sync?

emilianomorgia
08-10-2006, 07:25 PM
are you trying to play back your 3 800x600 movies on your macbook?
And have then all in sync?

hi Richard , no I was try a little 800 x 200 px movie , that it's good on beta 3 and not good on beta 4 .

If you say you did not chage anything i don't know what to say . But I just try it first on beta 3 and was running verygood , then one single layer on beta 4 get very very stuck .

No other apps was running in the background ( may be some demon process I don't know )

Do you want me look at STAT into the different versions ?

Thanks

E

samsc
08-10-2006, 08:09 PM
and what codec did you use to create the movie?
What is the file size in MB. and how long is the movie?

emilianomorgia
08-10-2006, 08:28 PM
here are the movies dettails :

samsc
08-10-2006, 08:50 PM
here are the movies dettails :

ah h264 again. with audio...

h264 doesnt work very well.
its an mpeg codec with interframe compression...not good.

try photojpeg 50%.
tell me what happens.

emilianomorgia
08-10-2006, 09:37 PM
tell me what happens.

Look image

samsc
09-10-2006, 07:42 AM
sync doesnt work with play audio.
or any audio playback modes.

try play loop forwards.

thanks for the picture - this helps....

when using audio - the audio takes total priority - and quicktime - not me- automatically buffers and drops frames - of its own volition.

you cannot really mix audio and non-audio playback.