PDA

View Full Version : TripleHead2go does it work on what ?

emilianomorgia
01-10-2006, 10:07 AM
I did not find any good information about Matrox TripleHead2Go Mac compability on the web .

I understand you Richard used it on PowerMac / Macpro , but does that work on Mac mini ? MacBook ? MacBook Pro ? iMac g5 ? iMac intel ?

Can you clarify this in this thread ? So it will be easy for every one to understand where , when , what .

Thanks .

samsc
01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
I did not find any good information about Matrox TripleHead2Go Mac compability on the web .

I understand you Richard used it on PowerMac / Macpro , but does that work on Mac mini ? MacBook ? MacBook Pro ? iMac g5 ? iMac intel ?

Can you clarify this in this thread ? So it will be easy for every one to understand where , when , what .

Thanks .

it works on all of them. as far as i have tested. - dependant on the maximum size of screen the graphics card will support.

if you havent got one - you should buy one for yourself- so you know what it does - and what its limits are.

but which ones exactly....

i didnt do exhaustive testing at all resolutions....

as this is hardware - you really have to buy and test for yourself.

emilianomorgia
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
as this is hardware - you really have to buy and test for yourself.

http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0120-worried.gif Well ... the point here is that I did already bought 2 of them , I saw that working good using dualhead2go , on mac mini , I saw it at plasa in the Projecedimage booth . So I'll try it as soon this two triplehead will arive .

I can do test on Macbook / Macmini g4 / Macmini intel 1.66 /

my idea it's to work on 2400 x 800 x 2 triplehead one for each Macbook .

Well if I have anygood I'll report in here

Thanks

samsc
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
you have to test for your application.

see whether it works on the hardware you are using.

and whether it gives the performance you need.

i cannot answer these questions for you.

Barney Broomer
04-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Works on Minimac, powerbook and Macbook, I have one here and tested it.
Somehow I have the feeling there is a slight latency in the outputs, I have not tested it on a faster card .

Barney

samsc
04-10-2006, 12:54 PM
i doubt whether there is much latency - there isnt enough electronics in there to do much processing.

latency would mean the boxes did something clever - like frame buffering...

this is an analogue vga box that will just split up the raster timing into 3 portions and reclock.