PDA

View Full Version : Apple Script dictionary

emilianomorgia
17-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I was look at the Apple Script dictionary of Pixel Mad , and I found only Quit command . can you add more ?

It will be interesing to get "Play movie x" .

I mean image to use a ical to say paxel mad to do something . just like play a movie at 08 00 pm .

then by using a .mac ical it will possible to change the " play list " remotely by changning ical script recal .

i don't ask to add a full dctionary . just few basic commands like play movie . Stop movie . or play cue stop cue - Things like this .

thanks

PS

same for Cat and Samsc

emilianomorgia
18-08-2006, 01:36 AM
After all I found a good way to use Apple iCal to recal some preset .

set CR to ASCII character of 13
tell application "System Events"
try
tell application "Pixelmad_v2_f56_UB" to activate
keystroke "A"
keystroke "1" using {control down}

end try
end tell

To use Apple iCal to Manage the pixelmad / catalyst preset open Apple script application . It's in your application folder .

Copy paste the code and change the parameters as you need .

then save the Apple Script and name it Catpreset1 if you set it to lunch preset one .

Once you done that open iCal
Make a new Calendary Called Catalyst Control ( or chose a name as you like )
Make a new Event in iCal and tell iCal to execute the Apple script Catpreset1

if you do so you will be able to control different catalyst preset by using iCal .

Mr_P
18-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I wrote an apple script to start-up catalyst (to avoid menu bar) and in an older version of V4 - the HUD didn't remember its last state - ie HUD on or off (in current version it does now....)

I wrote a script that started catalyst - then simply sent a key press (w) to display the HUD on o/p 1.

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?t=856
(Catalyst delay loader silent 3+HUD-4.02_m40Pro.app)

In this way - you could use the same script (with a bit of an edit) to send a key press to start a preset after catalyst or pixelmad starts-up.

By doing your ical thing - i guess you can then execute presets at different times.

However - can you not use the 'show control' cuelist to do the same thing??? By putting cues in at real-time values?

S

emilianomorgia
18-08-2006, 09:53 PM
However - can you not use the 'show control' cuelist to do the same thing??? By putting cues in at real-time values?

iThere ! it's not for me . I wanna give customers the simplest way to control the pixelmad .
image the pixel mad used in a Hotel . where they don't need to know nothing about it . Just say colour Red/White .

iCal or the mozzila one . by using a simple app the customer will be able to control easely the " show " .

Also Real Time Value can't be edited .

If you use iCal you can easely change remotely the " play list " by moving the time and date using .mac .

the idea it's to have pixelMad/cat hide and make an IDIOT PROF control of the " show "

emilianomorgia
18-08-2006, 10:09 PM
After all why not making the apple script dictionary ?

I don't know how much does it cost to be write . But every good apple app got a simple apple script dictionary .

By Making it for PM/CAT/SaMSC the apps will emprove so much .