PDA

View Full Version : Intel Core Duo MiniMac and Catalyst v4 for Pixelmad

Mike Redmer
07-06-2006, 09:07 AM
some impressions from a production with an actual Intel Core Duo MiniMac, OSX 10.4.6, Catalyst v4 m45.

it running very well on this hardware setup, we had used this to run 50 g-lec light frames over art-net. just one issue, that we had a lot of trouble with different art-net interfaces, which are flashing randomize approximately up to 10%.

the application runs very good, 3 submixes, each with one background coloured layer and two animated graphic layer (colour fx, visual fx) two switch or fade between this. also 2 running dv pal movies at the same time.

samsc
07-06-2006, 09:23 AM
etherlynx artnet interface problems not my problem....

Mike Redmer
07-06-2006, 01:48 PM
we had seen same problems with elc artnet interfaces. in a few days we will test it with other equpiment. this is not a problem with the application, you can see it also when the apple computer is shutdown

OlliR
12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Just to complete Mike´s post: On 3 Layers we had the magic lantern 3D effect running - which we used to get animated structures out of static pictures. This seemed to be quite resource consuming (movie playback usage bar up to 600%) - but we did not see any dropping of frames - though it is hard to tell as the GLEC light frame is not really fast with updates...

The ELC DMXlan node 4 was only available for artnet broadcast not for direct talk - but I believe this is the node not responding to the poll - it might not have been the latest software version on this node either...

Cheers,

samsc
12-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Just to complete Mike´s post: On 3 Layers we had the magic lantern 3D effect running - which we used to get animated structures out of static pictures. This seemed to be quite resource consuming (movie playback usage bar up to 600%)

Cheers,

what kindof movies were you using?
thats a little high.

if you use photojpeg 50% and use smaller movies 512x512 or 300x200- then this will give quite a few layers.

The ELC DMXlan node 4 was only available for artnet broadcast not for direct talk - but I believe this is the node not responding to the poll - it might not have been the latest software version on this node either...

what are the specs of this device?

OlliR
13-06-2006, 07:50 AM
what kindof movies were you using?
thats a little high.

if you use photojpeg 50% and use smaller movies 512x512 or 300x200- then this will give quite a few layers.

what are the specs of this device?

If I get it right movies were from Catalyst Standard Content Aerial Effects Folder. Maybe Mike can fill in on this...

The other thing was static .PSD pictures animated with the Magic Lantern Video FX.
Either one or the other.

3 Mixes each consisting of 3 Layers - with similar things happening on these 3 layer sets - just to have a quick hands on intensity or colour for 3 different areas...

Here´s the link to the technical information for the ELC dmxLAN Node 4 - though it does not give much info...

http://www.elclighting.com/documents/set%20of%20A4%20leaflets/DLN4A4.pdf

samsc
14-06-2006, 12:45 AM
If I get it right movies were from Catalyst Standard Content Aerial Effects Folder. Maybe Mike can fill in on this...

i dont know what this is encoded as,