PDA

View Full Version : How to crop a picture ?

opera
30-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Is it possible to crop a picture (video input for instance) without using a mask ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

FxDrew
30-05-2006, 09:20 PM
In the visual FX parameter of the layer your video is on, you can set it to Rectangle Shuttered (dmx value of 60 in v3.3). You then use your Keystone Adjustment parameters to adjust the shutter.

samsc
30-05-2006, 09:47 PM
in v4 there are a whole load of new crop fx. visfx 195- 202
cropping with borders - with and without preview
cropping using keystone parameters.
with and without recentring - so you can crop then rotate without having to worry about the crop shifting around

opera
31-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I have Catalyst 3.3 and I want to have a picture in the background, under the picture I'm croping.
When I use Rectalgle Shuttered, I can't see the picture in the background anymore.
I want to do a real picture in picture + croping one of the two pictures.
Is it possible ?
Thanks for you help.

Sand

FxDrew
31-05-2006, 05:01 PM
In v3.3, I don't think that it is possible to CROP an image layered on top of an image. What you could do is SCALE down the top layer so you have a picture within a picture. The other option is to use the KEYSTONE adjustments to make the image smaller, but it would not be cropping it.

samsc
01-06-2006, 04:30 PM
you might be able to crop in quicktime player?

timmath
06-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Is this something that is now possible in v4? I have a show where I need to layer 2 'pip' widows over a background...

I don't have the machine in front of me but have an upcoming show which requires this, can cataylst do it or do we need a dedicated video processer (like spider) to do this?

Mr_P
06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes - this is possible in V4 using the crop visual FX as described below...

in v4 there are a whole load of new crop fx. visfx 195- 202
cropping with borders - with and without preview
cropping using keystone parameters.
with and without recentring - so you can crop then rotate without having to worry about the crop shifting around

OR
For video input only - you can use the 'crop' features in the video input controls window. This will allow you to crop each of the 4 sides of the video inputs Top, Bot, L, R. (commonly used to get rid of noise around the edge of pictures).

You can still use the Crop FX on each layer - on top of the video input crop (if you if you really need to...)

If you're still running V3 - download V4 and have a look to see if it will do what you need it to. Let me know if you want a quote to upgrade your dongle

Simon

SourceChild
15-01-2009, 11:01 AM
You'll discover a world of ease that will make your life easier with v4. I would suggest upgrading. It's worth the cost.