PDA

View Full Version : Matrox MXO

emilianomorgia
19-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Dear Richard any feed back about new Matrox MXO (http://www.matrox.com/video/products/mxo/home.cfm) ?

thanks

From Matrox.com :

Portable broadcast-quality audio/video output for the Mac

Matrox MXO takes the DVI output from your Mac computer or laptop and converts it to broadcast-quality video.You can preview your Apple Final Cut Pro projects or the output of other QuickTime-based applications such as Apple Motion, Shake, DVD Studio Pro and LiveType, as well as Adobe After Effects as they will actually appear on TV and record them frame accurately to tape - no drop frames, no repeat frames. You can also use Matrox MXO to provide flicker-free recording of Keynote and PowerPoint presentations, web browser sessions, and software application training.

Matrox MXO is a cost-effective external box that's easy-to-use and portable. You'll wonder how you ever worked without it.

http://www.matrox.com/vid_images/mxo/page1.gif

samsc
22-04-2006, 07:08 AM
whats the price?

this isnt the first dvi-sdi box.
there are a few others now.

Gian
22-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Browsing the Internet, i found will be release in April, and will be a MSRP 995,00 US dollars. That's bring me couple questions.

Sometimes, i need to deliver the feed in COMPOSITE, not RGB, i used before the regular DVI - Video adapter from Apple. That is very very cheap 40 bucks or so, but works pretty well.

I did try to get output from my Decklink Extreme Pro, Y, using Video Desktop, but i did not got to work with Catalyst, even moving the screen configuration at DISPLAY PREFERENCES. Is any way i can get the COMPOSITE or COMPONENT out from the Blackmagic working togheter Catalyst.
And if yes, worth the job ? Is that better than the regular DVI - Video adaptator from Apple ?

BTW i am currently using 4.02

Thanks
Gian

samsc
22-04-2006, 07:46 PM
I did try to get output from my Decklink Extreme Pro, Y, using Video Desktop, but i did not got to work with Catalyst, even moving the screen configuration at DISPLAY PREFERENCES. Is any way i can get the COMPOSITE or COMPONENT out from the Blackmagic working togheter Catalyst.
And if yes, worth the job ? Is that better than the regular DVI - Video adaptator from Apple ?
Thanks
Gian

decklink video desktop - needs to be completely switched off.

it is not compatible in any way with catalyst. it also causes performance problems if left on.
catalyst uses opengl - which needs the real graphics card.
the decklink card has no opengl functionality - and it never will.

the apple s-video output adaptors have also worked fine for me - and they output through the graphics card.