PDA

View Full Version : Does f45 need dongle or activation for Artnet output?

OlliR
09-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi Richard,

I wanted to do some first testings with pixelmad and a new (alpha to beta) LED hardware.
I thought that a not dongled/not activated version of pixelmad would have the same limitations as catalyst would have without a dongle - a coloured bar appearing on different parts of the screen from time to time...

But it seems as pixelmad would not output any artnet data nor display anything on the preview screen.

For the test setup I used my old 500 Mhz Tibook (f45 seems to be the first version to run on it for quite some time...) and anAL DMXLynch Box for Artnet output and no external control input. I intended to run internal scenes instead.

Ip adress of the Powerbook (running 10.4.4) is set to manually 2.1.1.1 with a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0
DMX Lynch is set to subnet 0 universe 0 (1 for port 2) - COM Led shows active connection.

This should result in Artnet0 and Artnet1 in pixelmad.

After setting up some LED fixtures in the fixture table I opened the preset screen, set Preset 1 Layer 1 to Image "openWhite" and Intensity to 255 and ran that preset - expecting to see a result on the LEDs as well as in the preview window. But nothing ever happened...

My two best guesses:

Pixelmad is not outputting any artnet data without a dongle present or though everythings seems to run fine it is about time to retire that old TiBook...

samsc
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Will not work on your powerbook. its just too old.
ancient graphics chip