PDA

View Full Version : Media Loop Audio Crash

emilianomorgia
01-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Hello , in the current Show If I play too fast with two movies using AUDIO Cat crash . This is Happen if I'm Jumping from one movie to the other on the same layer . I can't say more .

It's possible to ad a reset of the server Via DMX ?

samsc
01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
what codec did you use with files?

how was the audio rendered?

can you provide the file?

---

if the computer has crashed - its not possible to do anything at all with dmx...

emilianomorgia
03-12-2005, 06:50 AM
what codec did you use with files?

mpeg 4

how was the audio rendered?

wav ( not sure I will check )

can you provide the file?

Sure ! it's about 500 mb + 500 mb

---

if the computer has crashed - its not possible to do anything at all with dmx...

It's not a G5 crash , it's a Cat app crash , you may able to write a Demon agent that take control of the CIB so if Cat crash the demon can receive commands from CIB to restart the G5 . Or Re-Run the Cat Application .
Any way you can write a little applescript to check if Cat app it's running and re-run the app if it don't . ( this is very simple to do and can save a lot )

I also suggest to write this demon to make a kind of " screen saver " so if there is no DMX signal the Demon run a Black " screen saver " at full screen to don't see the Apple Menubar .

Please make the Cat Default desktop background picture all black .

Please make the SYSTEM PREFERENCE POWER MANAGAMENT " RESTART COMPUTER AFTER POWER FAILURE " as dafault

Please write a crash report application .

Please write a Libray Folder Files Log

Please write a Library folder print preview , to print the names and the icons of every folder

samsc
03-12-2005, 08:45 AM
you mean the video is mpeg4?

mpeg4 not recommended.

probably a crash in the way mpeg4 is handled.

you need to use a codec which uses no interframe compression and uncompressed audio.