PDA

View Full Version : HOG II & III AUTO FIXTURE COMPILER !

emilianomorgia
26-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Hello Richard , why not makeing a little app to auto build a Hog II and III fixure lib with all file and folders named used in the cat ?

So if my 021/001 it's named 021 my videos 001 my first_video , this app will make a fixure Lib with those name in it .

Do you think you can do it ? It will be very helpful , right now it's a nightmare remeber where all the files are .

Thanks

rosswill
27-11-2005, 12:24 AM
For the Hog 2 library it's very easy to edit the .lib file with your custom folder names in any text editor on a PC or Mac. You cannot really change the file names as they are common with all libraries. Also note that only a certain number of characters can be displayed on the wheel sets, 8 maximum I think.

With Hog 3 you cannot customize labeling of any fixture in this way sadly.

Ross

emilianomorgia
27-11-2005, 07:12 PM
For the Hog 2 library it's very easy to edit the .lib file with your custom folder names in any text editor on a PC or Mac. You cannot really change the file names as they are common with all libraries. Also note that only a certain number of characters can be displayed on the wheel sets, 8 maximum I think.

With Hog 3 you cannot customize labeling of any fixture in this way sadly.

Ross

That why I'masking if it's possible to make an application to " export " a .lib file from Cat to hogs

FinnRoss
13-01-2006, 04:42 PM
When programing new shows, just make a pallet for each library and file, this way when ever it appears in the programer or contents window it is words not number that can be many characters long. This can be a little tricky when you have hundreds of clips, but a little organization makes this quite easy. You can also use programs like iView Media pro to manage all you media.

I know it is not what you are suggesting, but it is a quick fix.

rosswill
14-01-2006, 09:31 AM
The ability to preview thumnails on the console is surely the answer. The Virtuoso does this well.

Spam Butterfly
20-01-2006, 11:36 AM
The Virtuoso holds content locally on the console's mac. At least last time I looked. Besides, if the first frames of your movie are black (as commonly happens), you're not going to know which movie is which. More useful, surely, would be the name of the movie, right? Catalyst v4 has a build in web-server. It ain't rocket science then for console manufacturers to do this (or indeed get the thumbnails, if that floats your boat). You just need to poll the media server on it's IP address on port 8080. The URL is 'x.x.x.x:8080/catws.index.html'. No special protocols required.

Hugh

samsc
20-01-2006, 11:53 AM
the http command to get a image preview is of the form-

http://localhost:8080/catws/Images/000_001.jpg

in this case

000 is the folder
001 is the file.

---

so the general form of the command is.

http://x.x.x.x:8080/catws/Images/fff_ggg.jpg

x.x.x.x is address of computer.

will get folder fff
file ggg

as a jpg preview.

samsc
20-01-2006, 11:54 AM
That why I'masking if it's possible to make an application to " export " a .lib file from Cat to hogs

i used to do this in v1.

i turned off the feature in v3

emilianomorgia
03-07-2006, 09:09 AM
The Virtuoso holds content locally on the console's mac. At least last time I looked. Besides, if the first frames of your movie are black (as commonly happens), you're not going to know which movie is which. More useful, surely, would be the name of the movie, right? Catalyst v4 has a build in web-server. It ain't rocket science then for console manufacturers to do this (or indeed get the thumbnails, if that floats your boat). You just need to poll the media server on it's IP address on port 8080. The URL is 'x.x.x.x:8080/catws.index.html'. No special protocols required.

Hugh

QT as SET POSTER FRAME funtionality . Content designer and disrtibutor should start using POSTER FRAME.