PDA

View Full Version : DL1 fans

Mr_P
09-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Does the new firmware version for the DL1 have fan speed control? - for either projector or psu?

If so - can someone give me a hog profile that allows us to control it.... (hugh?)

Thanks

S

samsc
09-11-2005, 03:57 PM
you should try the highend community site.

http://community.highend.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

Mr_P
17-11-2005, 06:04 PM
never seem to get a reponse from HES on their own forum.... especially as theres no-one left in the UK....

Ive been reliably informed that its possible to change the fan speed on a DL1 to make it quieter (dont ask me about the resulting heat issues....)

SO
Can someone tell me where the fan speed settings are in a DL1 - we are running software version 1.5.0 and there are no menus for fan speed. Are they on the DMX profile?? - if so - can someone supply me with a fixture profile that includes it

It has been told to me that its under the set parameters menu on the DL1 - but its not - neither is it in the projector's own menu

If u could get back to me ASAP I'd appreciate it

Cheers

Simon

samsc
17-11-2005, 10:27 PM
try sending an email to richbell as he is the man behind the dl1/dl2

Spam Butterfly
18-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Simon,

This is kind of an HES issue rather than a Richard issue. I have already responded to this. You can always phone me.... And I still work in the Uk.

Hugh

samsc
19-11-2005, 10:20 PM
did you get an answer?

Mr_P
20-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Didnt manage to get an email to Rich Bell - or a response from the HES community forum or Light Network.....

However, between Ian N and Hugh, we figured out that the fan speed setting was in an OLD fixture software version, and is not in the current latest version (1.5.0) so fan speed control on a DL1 is no longer possible.

This has also been a sad example of the lack of technical support from HES in the UK. I tried phoning the main number and just got an answerphone - also tried a few mobiles of certain HES staff - and none of those were answered either (I think one has changed recently too...H?) So it seems that if we have issues with HES kit - we have to sort it out ourselves (except catalyst) or ask those among us who used to work for FP/HES who have now re-located to other companies.

This is obviously not related to Catalyst Software (which has a great tech support forum :) ) - but theres enough people who read this forum that might agree and may be able to pass the message on....

samsc
20-11-2005, 10:35 PM
i think of tech support and product support as an integral part of product development.

i want to be close to my users, and their problems, so that ( hopefully ) i can fix things and make them better as fast as possible.

i used to see many developers hide away in the r&d lab, then find it extraordinary when endusers criticise what they did.

Spam Butterfly
23-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Simon,

My number has changed, but XL Video are aware of this and all their account managers have been sent my new details. In fact Malcolm Mellows phoned me and let me know what was going on.

For the record it is:
+447886787504

I'm still here at Northfield Road, and if I don't know, I usually know who to ask in the mothership.

Hugh