PDA

View Full Version : pixelMAD 101?

fatmiko
25-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Hello -
I'm new to the entire media server game, and I have a couple questions.

1st - Will pixelMAD run on a first gen 17" powerbook? (I'm outputting to 8 Colorblaze LED strips, I wouldnt imagine it needing too much horsepower to do this.) Reason I ask, is on the Colour tab, every field says "Wrong Video Card".

2nd - Will pixelMAD run like a demo version until you register and get a dongle? We want to take the software out and play with it on this leg of the tour, but not incorporate it until the tour can afford to purchase it.

3rd - Is there a basic "Here is what you need to do if you've never touched a media server before" guide, or tutorial?

I'm familiar with how to hook the system up, just curious how to set it up on the Mac side of it, and programming tips.

Thanks ahead for your help.

Mike Cooper

samsc
25-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Hello -
I'm new to the entire media server game, and I have a couple questions.

1st - Will pixelMAD run on a first gen 17" powerbook? (I'm outputting to 8 Colorblaze LED strips, I wouldnt imagine it needing too much horsepower to do this.) Reason I ask, is on the Colour tab, every field says "Wrong Video Card".

2nd - Will pixelMAD run like a demo version until you register and get a dongle? We want to take the software out and play with it on this leg of the tour, but not incorporate it until the tour can afford to purchase it.

3rd - Is there a basic "Here is what you need to do if you've never touched a media server before" guide, or tutorial?

I'm familiar with how to hook the system up, just curious how to set it up on the Mac side of it, and programming tips.

Thanks ahead for your help.

Mike Cooper

the original 17" used an nVidia graphics chip - which did not support some of my stuff.
i changed this in my latest builds, though i have not had any chance to test.
( i also changed the whole design - and made it better too )

drop me an email about commercial things.

did you download the catalyst manual?
Im not sure its a beginner guide - but the technology is the same.

ftp://ftp.highend.com/pub/Products/CatalystV3/Cat33Manual_111204.pdf

there are other bits and pieces. on here.
i got a manual written, then i changed the software again.