PDA

View Full Version : startup settings

MrFrood
27-08-2005, 10:00 AM
HI All

We are in the midst of pre-production of a tour and we're finding that the start up settings for our show are not being saved when the system powers down. Ie patch content, content folders, and screen settings. This is the first time I've seen this. Is there something I need to enable somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreceited.

samsc
27-08-2005, 11:05 AM
sounds like a file permissions problem.

which folder have you got the application in?

it is possible that catalyst does not have write permissions to this folder.
richard

MrFrood
27-08-2005, 02:11 PM
The program is in applications, catalyst folder

samsc
27-08-2005, 03:20 PM
The program is in applications, catalyst folder

how many user accounts on this machine?

Do you know how to get info on a folder, and check that your current user has write permissions to this folder?

Did you install the software yourself?
Did you create any additional users?

The preferences are stored in the same folder as the application - this is so that more than one set of settings can exist on the same machine.

MrFrood
28-08-2005, 09:36 AM
As you thought it was a permission problem. As soon as you asked the question I remembered a similar problem I had had with a rental Catalyst. Once we got the password from the company, permissions were granted and all is now good. It does raise an interesting point though. If full permission must be granted to the catalyst folder, how can rental companies protect their instalation?

samsc
29-08-2005, 07:01 AM
As you thought it was a permission problem. As soon as you asked the question I remembered a similar problem I had had with a rental Catalyst. Once we got the password from the company, permissions were granted and all is now good. It does raise an interesting point though. If full permission must be granted to the catalyst folder, how can rental companies protect their instalation?

what do you mean by 'protect their installation'?