PDA

View Full Version : default files

RonaldBeal
31-05-2005, 10:09 AM

Is there a way to change the default files on Catalyst pro 3.3?
Specifically, I need to change Folder 0, file 0 from the white pict, to black (folder 0, file 1).
The Current folder 0 (highend litho patterns) starts at file three, however if I put anything in the file 0 or 1 positions they are ignored.

When the show was programmed, file 0 was black.(not sure how, but it wasn't given a second thought until now.) Now we are in Europe, with a new Catalyst and it has the white file 0, and I can't seem to change it.
The show now has tons of white flashes and white squares, and a loads of reprogramming would be required to change the show to match the difference in Catalyst.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
RonaldBeal

samsc
31-05-2005, 02:02 PM
the default files are located inside the application package.

In the application package,

Contents->Library Files Hipriority->000Images

the white file is 000
the black file is 001

I suggest that you change your programming rather than the files -
because there is a very good reason for them being this way round-

it means when the lighting desk programmer hits clear. this then brings up a white image when lighting intensity is brought up - what you would expect with a moving light or video projector.
if 000 is black, then nothing will appear.
default states should always do something visible.

but you can change the files inside the application package by changing black to 000 and white to 001.

RonaldBeal
03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
>>I suggest that you change your programming rather than the files -
>>because there is a very good reason for them being this way round-

I agree that changing the programming would be a better long term option, however the show programmer is long gone,and the LD/operator dosn't have time enough during the day to re-program the several hundreds of cues that need changing.

>>the default files are located inside the application package.
>>
>>In the application package,
>>
>>Contents->Library Files Hipriority->000Images

I can't find the defaults anywhere (including finder searches of all harddrives.)
Are you refering to the standard library files? If so, folder 000 is "highend lithopatterns", and there is nothing for files 000-002. Even if I put anything in them for 000-002, they are ignored.

The only things in the Catalyst folder are the application itself, a PDF manual, a settings file (blank), a presets file and a readme file.

Thanks in advance for the help

Ronald Beal
Lighting Crewchief
Elton John 2005 tour

samsc
04-06-2005, 02:52 AM
they are hidden inside the application....

you need to hold 'ctrl' then click on the catalyst applcation program.

A menu pops up.

choose the option 'Show package contents',

a directory will open up with the contents of the application including the above mentioned folder.

samsc
04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
you really really shouldnt mess with this.

If your original show program had swapped the files around, they should not have done this.

I breaks the software for other users.

Mr_P
09-06-2005, 02:55 AM
If you would like some help re-programming your GrandMA to make your catalyst show work - give me a call - or send me the show file and I'll check it out for you and give you a quote for re-programming. It would probably not involve re-programming 'every' cue from what you described... its a tracking desk, so wouldnt take too long to sort out for you....

There are also some nice timing cheats that are possible to ensure that you dont get a white flash before the content loads in a cue - e.g. by delaying the intensity of the incomming content by 0.1 of a sec, you wont see a white flash, if your content is slow to load from a slow drive ;)

email me at:
simon@snp-productions.co.uk
+44 (0)7958390034

samsc
09-06-2005, 03:23 AM
I can't find the defaults anywhere (including finder searches of all harddrives.)
Are you refering to the standard library files? If so, folder 000 is "highend lithopatterns", and there is nothing for files 000-002. Even if I put anything in them for 000-002, they are ignored.

Ronald -- did you find the files?

They are easy to change once you know the trick to open up the application package.

samsc
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
The show now has tons of white flashes and white squares, and a loads of reprogramming would be required to change the show to match the difference in Catalyst.
RonaldBeal

Ronald.

did the spec of your catalyst machine change?

what machine did you get in europe?

Did the lighting console spec change?

This might be something else?

RonaldBeal
15-06-2005, 07:09 PM
I Changed the files and all problems are solved.
I will indeed restore the Catalyst servers to their original state before they return to the shop, so no one else has the same problems.

Thanks for the help.

(I think the original server had been altered be fore we got it in programming, and no one knew. We used that server for about 6 months before coming to europe, and picking up new servers.)

samsc
16-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Great.

glad that fixed things.