PDA

View Full Version : Sync via MTC

jasonrudolph
20-04-2005, 07:32 PM
So I have a project coming up where they would like me to sync files off of the catalyst servers which will be driving some LED screens to content being driven off of a Profile system which is driving some projection screens. The only way I could think of doing this is via Midi Time Code, but I have never done this with a catalyst before. How exactly do I do this? I know it is possible.
Also, what interface would you suggest?

Jason Rudolph

samsc
21-04-2005, 05:48 AM
So I have a project coming up where they would like me to sync files off of the catalyst servers which will be driving some LED screens to content being driven off of a Profile system which is driving some projection screens. The only way I could think of doing this is via Midi Time Code, but I have never done this with a catalyst before. How exactly do I do this? I know it is possible.
Also, what interface would you suggest?

Jason Rudolph

there is a midi time code software interface into catalyst.
its a while since i tested with any interfaces.
i tested with a emagic unitor 8.

you can set positive and negative offsets to the current frame value in catalyst.

i suggest you try and familiarise yourself with this stuff well before going on site- this stuff is always a but tricky if you havent set it up before.
the highend manual may have more information on what you have to do?

Spam Butterfly
21-04-2005, 12:10 PM
The interfaces I would recommend for the job are the Unitor 8 MkII and the Midiman 8x8. The advantage of both of these interfaces is the support for LTC. LTC obviously goes a lot further than MTC...

Hugh

samsc
21-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Hugh.

is there enough information about this in the current manual?