PDA

View Full Version : switch between cat settings

Sven
30-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi

I want to be able to repatch the Catalyst (8) without rewriting the show (-patch) on the console in case a catalyst server goes down.
The console I use to "play back" the show is a Hog 500 and very slow in loading a second show with a diffferent patch (from floppy disk). It would take 5 minutes before the show is loaded, which is close to eternity during a live show.
Thus I would like to know whether there is a way to "switch" between different patches in the Catalyst software. I would want to avoid manually re-naming cat settings files.
Is is possible to have a second Catalyst Application folder on the same system (with a different Cat settings file) without causing a conflict?

Best wishes,

Sven

samsc
30-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi

I want to be able to repatch the Catalyst (8) without rewriting the show (-patch) on the console in case a catalyst server goes down.
The console I use to "play back" the show is a Hog 500 and very slow in loading a second show with a diffferent patch (from floppy disk). It would take 5 minutes before the show is loaded, which is close to eternity during a live show.
Thus I would like to know whether there is a way to "switch" between different patches in the Catalyst software. I would want to avoid manually re-naming cat settings files.
Is is possible to have a second Catalyst Application folder on the same system (with a different Cat settings file) without causing a conflict?

Best wishes,

Sven

you mean the dmx settings?

the screen preferences?

samsc
30-03-2005, 05:37 PM

yes it is possible to have mulitple settings.

settings are localised in the same folder as the application.

nothing is stored in any global system preferences.

I always do preferences like this.

Sven
31-03-2005, 08:30 AM
Yes, I need to be able to switch between different dmx settings in Catalyst.
Looks like the application folder route is going to solve that.

Thanks,

Sven