PDA

View Full Version : SMPTE Reader

dadux
22-03-2005, 02:59 PM
SMPTE Reader is not working for me. Checked L & R. PowerBook G4 Titanium. OS 10.3.8. SMPTE is getting to PowerBook - confirmed by headphones. Good level viewed in System Preferences/Sound/Input.

Don

samsc
22-03-2005, 03:16 PM
audio totally changed in osx.

I might have disabled this to make it compile - some time ago.

Ill see if i can make it work again.

dadux
04-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Have started using MOTU do the SMPTE read & convert to MIDI Time Code. Cleaner set up now with only USB cable coming from rack to Mac.

Don

dadux
15-12-2005, 07:32 AM
I've been trying to upgrade our show control system to OSX (10.4.3) from OS9.x. Having trouble getting SAMSC 5d27 to see MTC from MOTU Express XT via USB. I can see LTC in Clockworks LTC Quicklock. Can not see MTC in SAMSC Midi Time Code Input Device. I've done it before on a different system & different MOTU model. Don't recall doing anything I didn't try today.

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

PS. Also tried to plug LTC SMPTE into mac input. Still doesn't work with SAMSC.

Don

emilianomorgia
22-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Same Here !

Motu Time Piece XT . It say Device off line

samsc
22-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Same Here !

'smpte reader' - is NOT the midi timecode input device - -- SMPTE reader used to read audio directly from the sound port.

they are different.

for mtc input you need the midi time code input device.

samsc
22-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Same Here !

if a midi device says 'offline' you need to check the audio midi setup application.

and whatever software the midi device has to control its ports.

---

audio midi setup app screen capture shown below - showing both active and 'offline' devices.
if in doubt delete everything, and start from scratch with an empty setup.

emilianomorgia
23-08-2006, 02:36 PM
'smpte reader' - is NOT the midi timecode input device - -- SMPTE reader used to read audio directly from the sound port.

they are different.

for mtc input you need the midi time code input device.

Not in the Motu XT . the motu Xt read the SMPTE and send it to an MIDI output as MTC .

I had installed other apps that use the MTC to make sure that the converted SMPTE was sent to mac as MTC and the other apps read it correcly .

the Pix do not read what the other app read .

emilianomorgia
23-08-2006, 02:39 PM
if a midi device says 'offline' you need to check the audio midi setup application.

and whatever software the midi device has to control its ports.

---

audio midi setup app screen capture shown below - showing both active and 'offline' devices.
if in doubt delete everything, and start from scratch with an empty setup.

Ok this couse me a lot of problem , actually the PixMad say device offline because the device s driver was corrupted . At fisrt time i take a while to understand that because the device was showed in the midi set up .

Btw after restoring the driver , other apps did read the MTC but not PIXMAD .

emilianomorgia
23-08-2006, 02:44 PM
i did resolve the problem . I had to lunch the Motu in the garbage !!!

I m now using a old MidiMan Syncman that convert SMPTE to MTC then the MTC goes in a Saffire LE so now Pixel Mad recognize the TC .

I strongly raccomand to do NOT use MOTU XT or AV . those things are @+"><£ ... you know what I mean .

Also I think if richard could make a SMPTE READER module into the Cat / PM / SaMsc control pannel , where those use the LINE IN to get SMPTE things will be more easy .

thanks