PDA

View Full Version : Recording

hooh
16-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I tried capturing midi but no cues were created.
I could see the midi coming in on my interface and in the midi trigger window.
Bug ?

Stefan

samsc
16-03-2005, 05:20 PM
no idea.

not tried this for ages.

hooh
16-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Maybe you could look into this some time in the future...
Don't need it right now, but i loved this because it was possible to have everybody just run their show. After that i just had to fine tune the timing.
Also great because i didn't need custom control panels or fiddle out the midi specs of the equipment.

stefan

samsc
16-03-2005, 09:43 PM
i used the record feature myself on shows.
i did a george michael /mary j blige promo and recording cues from the keyboard.

Mr_P
22-03-2005, 03:18 AM
I've just managed to capture incoming midi q's on to a cuelist (with sound track), and it displays the wait times ok and plays back ok in both timeline and list views.

However...
If i t go and change a comment in the list view, and press enter - the wait time dissapears.. (3rd Q)
If I try and change a wait time for a 'set' cue or edit the comments, the wait time format changes (!?) (5&6th Q)
The only way i have got the wait times to display properly again is to close the 'cuelist' window and re-open it from the window menu - or change the 'display times at' options.....

Edits:
If I try anf change a 'go' cue attribute - its fine - i.e cue, list, path (page)
But...
If I try and change a 'set' cue attributes, all I get is an empty box... cant chage any values.

See attached pic for explanations...

Can you explain what i'm seeing on the wait time on the 'set' cues?
What does the small triangle signify for the set cues that are really close together?
what is the second wait time that apeas when i click on a triangle? (fine time?)

Status window works well for midi in/out - but i cant find the little box on the device control which used to say something like 'last go' for MSC.??

thanks

S :confused:

samsc
22-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Thanks.

ill check these things.

hooh
25-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Of course i was being stupid, it wasn't capturing because i didn't set any output on the midi panel...
After doing that it recorded fine, and played back fine.
I am however experiencing similar problems when trying to edit the commands. No problems when editing times.

stefan

FireAntDesign.com
14-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I wonder if this is realted to my crashes when editing cue info on an item stored in a hotkey?

samsc
14-04-2005, 09:14 PM
I wonder if this is realted to my crashes when editing cue info on an item stored in a hotkey?

no relation