PDA

View Full Version : audio and movie missing file display

samsc
06-03-2005, 09:25 PM
There are problems if the content is moved or goes missing.
samsc cannot find missing files.

Pixelmad uses a better way of selectable folders with library/file combinations. i need to add some kindof content folder that is changeable to samsc. this would be a place where files are searched for in the first instance. ( maybe in a special folder name inside the same folder as the application...)

Tim wrote me:

Remember I mentioned that when you go to a cue in Sam and click on the file to be loaded that your system does not take us there,,, well this "bit me in the ass" last week. If the file does not exist but the cue does then I need to know the file name and the path to the file where the cue is pointing. This way we can at least reload the missing source file in the proper location and with the proper name.

If your system has any cues that are pointing to a file that is not there then this needs to be warned with detailed information as to what is missing and where.

samsc
07-03-2005, 12:39 AM
My friend roland is using this to do audio playback on a cruise ship next week, he is going to be going with the rehersals from brazil to the mediteranean.
And he needed this kindof thing, as he has just moved all his audio files from one computer to another....

So I just wrote this for him.

I made SAMSC check a directory called "SAMSC Media Library" that is in the same folder as the application. It looks for the file name in this place first - before looking anywhere else.

samsc
08-03-2005, 06:26 PM
I made SAMSC check a directory called "SAMSC Media Library" that is in the same folder as the application. It looks for the file name in this place first - before looking anywhere else.

this is in d19

samsc
09-03-2005, 12:29 PM
added another way to do this in d20.

i have added another search path for media files, at the samsc show file level.
When locating audio files, SAMSC will now search a directory called "Show Media Library" at the same level as the current show file.