PDA

View Full Version : Ability to edit Midi notes controller command text

Pipo
06-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Today I have been testing the Midi Notes Controller to send triggers and values to a software called Isadora, (it's a graphic programming environment that provides interactive control over digital media) so I can have the ability to send cues to the video and sound playback of that software. It would be nice to be able to edit the commands text, I mean if I could write instead of "controller" or "program", "play video" or "Fade Out" wich corresponds to the command I'm sending to the other software. I know I can write a comment at the column to the right but normally I use this one for the cue description. I think it could be clearer having the ability to edit the command name or maybe adding a custom column, I don't know.

samsc
09-03-2005, 09:08 PM
ill think about it.

you can do this when you do it on a keyboard key.

Barney Broomer
16-05-2005, 11:59 AM
I got Isadora here running as well... The lack of timeline in Isadora makes SAMSC a welcome partner..So, why not adding OSC control in SAMSC, this way you can drive Isadora even faster.

Barney

samsc
16-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I got Isadora here running as well... The lack of timeline in Isadora makes SAMSC a welcome partner..So, why not adding OSC control in SAMSC, this way you can drive Isadora even faster.

Barney

what is OSC control?

Barney Broomer
17-05-2005, 10:41 AM
what is OSC control?
Open Sound Control? but a protocol which is capable of sending more than that only. works over ethernet. In Isadora you can control different types of control (like choosing a movie, scroll, strat ,stop etc etc) from one Isadora to another. This way you can control let's say 3 minimacs who are only playing out video, while running your program on a Ibook, almost doing nothing, CPU wise...

Barney

GideonKiers
25-08-2008, 10:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSound_Control

Allthough I'm aware that Catalyst is primairily used in the lighting industry the implementation of support for OpenSoundControl would be a great addition (imho). DMX is a very serial protocol, events are chained and triggered at a pretty low frequency. OSC would open this up and allow for a much more accurate event sync ?

samsc
25-08-2008, 11:03 PM
i have done OSC stuff -

it doesnt really have any standards - every implementation is different - and there is a lot of parameter complexity.

you might say it has much less clarity than Midi show control - at least that has some show type technologies in it.