PDA

View Full Version : Multichannel audio "Goto zero" command

Pipo
05-03-2005, 08:06 AM
I haven't tried this on d18, but on d3 when working with large cue lists I've found that if I don?t put the "goto zero" command after loading a track, I have all kind of playback problems. With small cue lists this problems doesn't occur, only with large cue lists. But the playback problems are solved using the ?goto zero? command right after each load. Is it really necessary to use it? Or was it a bug of d3, I understand that if I´m loading a track for the first time, it will start playing from the begining. Well, I will try to recreate a cue list on d3 with that kind of playback problems and open it on d18 to see what happens.

samsc
05-03-2005, 09:45 AM
try d18. im doing a show with audio next week. so this has to be better than before.
There is still a problem at the end of tracks...

Pipo
05-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Today I´ve recreated a large cuelist on d3 with a lot of playback problems (and without any Goto zero commands after loading files) and then I tried it on d18. I can confirm it worked very well, without any troubles. Playback problems are gone. Richard, I have a question here,do I have to use a stop command after a fade to volume 0 if I know the track will end a few seconds after. I've found on my experience with d3 that sometimes if not using stop commands could give some troubles, this is more difficult to recreate, that´s why I'm asking.

samsc
06-03-2005, 12:12 AM
I've found on my experience with d3 that sometimes if not using stop commands could give some troubles, this is more difficult to recreate, that´s why I'm asking.

i think this kindof problem is fixed.

ill try and write the software so i can give people a save code.

it needs a dongle at the moment

Pipo
06-03-2005, 11:55 AM
That would be great for better testings.

samsc
06-03-2005, 12:23 PM
next week hopefully