PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst to DL-1 Resolution

texas62
27-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I found this on the lightnetwork.com website:

"I am programming 2 DL1s with a Hog3. I have a 4-layer v3.2Catalyst, feeding 2 layers to each DL1. I am trying to sync the layers going to each DL1, so the media is running to each at the same speed, and at the same start point.
I have already tried sending the start point, but it doesn't seem to help.
While I'm asking, does anyone know the optimum resolution I should set in Cat for the DL1s? I currently have them at 12xx X 768 60HZ".

samsc
27-02-2005, 03:56 PM

"I am programming 2 DL1s with a Hog3. I have a 4-layer v3.2Catalyst, feeding 2 layers to each DL1. I am trying to sync the layers going to each DL1, so the media is running to each at the same speed, and at the same start point.
While I'm asking, does anyone know the optimum resolution I should set in Cat for the DL1s? I currently have them at 12xx X 768 60HZ".

what doesnt help?

---
the only resolution they will work at is
1024x768. 60hz

they wont sync unless he has good discs.
certainly wont work off internal drive
which i doubt if he has such an old version.

samsc
27-02-2005, 04:18 PM

please find out more information.

this is not enough to go on.

samsc
27-02-2005, 04:22 PM
actually sync feature is not intended to be used on a single computer.
only between computers.
they may not have ethernet initialised on a single computer.

user must start movies at same time.
if they dont play together, the disc isnt good enough

rbrigham
28-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Hello Richard.

I am the one that posted on LN. I am using the stock G5 from HES with 2 internal (non-scsi) drives. I am trying to have 2 layers output the exact same video in sync with each other, but with different effects (keystoning). Are you saying Library 254 won't do this?

About the DL1s, I am running both of them at 1024x768 60hz currently. I was just curious about the reasoning of that setting versus other refresh rates. Also, each time I restart Catalyst, I have to reenter the resolution of both outputs. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks much!
-Bob

samsc
28-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Hello Richard.
Are you saying Library 254 won't do this?

-Bob

Yes. Of course.
Library 254 -'use layer mode' is what you use when you are using the same media server- i forgot.
Sean's original posting didnt give me enough information.

Maybe you are using it incorrectly?
What settings are you using on each layer?

Library 254 File x

Should set use layer mode?

I wrote a pdf on how this works some time ago,

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?t=130&highlight=layer

please get back to me if you cant make this work.

lso, each time I restart Catalyst, I have to reenter the resolution of both outputs. What am I doing wrong?

Did you use apple display preferences?

v3.3 which you can download from highend - has the ability to automatically set the output - but you should set this from the display preferences - as in the past there have been some OS issues in doing this.

http://www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/catalyst3.2trialdownload.asp

the 3.2 version now has 8 layers in 3.3, this is a free upgrade.
but you may need to upgrade your operating system as well .... so do this carefully.

Spam Butterfly
01-03-2005, 02:18 PM

The native resolution of DL-1's is 1024 x 768.

Hugh