PDA

View Full Version : Video Level Tweaker

tylerr
15-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Perhaps this allready exists but I need an application or control pannel that will allow me to adjust the video output from the catalysts in real video terms. The apple way is a pain and not very accurate. I know there is some adjustment in the catalyst but i need simple rgb levels, brightness, and contrast.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Tyler

samsc
15-02-2005, 04:47 PM
use a gamma control panel.

Gammawork was the best solution i found.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20100

I used this application to create my screen presets, which i then stored into catalyst.
They did not respond to requests to 'register' the application

I did build in 20 screen presets - which are not editable - at the moment -to allow realtime changes on video output levels.

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?p=1638#post1638

apple's coloursync utilities dont have the correct level of control for doing video gamut corrections.
i.e. converting from YUV to RGB colour spaces.
Or extending an YUV source to output the full range of RGB values ( 0..255 ).

tylerr
18-02-2005, 11:09 PM
that looks much better than the apple way. Still i wish there was something even more straight forward. Perhaps you can write something?

samsc
19-02-2005, 01:21 AM
i put screen presets in, to cope with a few common issues. i didnt have enough time available to make it user operable.

Spam Butterfly
24-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Perhaps you would consider putting global constrast and brightness controls in the software Richard...?

Hugh

samsc
24-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Perhaps you would consider putting global constrast and brightness controls in the software Richard...?

Hugh

To wit me with my blindness--thou hast eyes,
Yet see'st not in what misery thou art fallen,
Nor where thou dwellest nor with whom for mate.
Dost know thy lineage? Nay, thou know'st it not,
And all unwitting art a double foe

tylerr
25-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Henery the 5th?

samsc
25-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Henery the 5th?

oedipus.

preferred son killing father metaphor.

did think about macbeth and stabbing though.