PDA

View Full Version : pro-tools and audio playback

samsc
17-09-2003, 09:19 AM
Will i be able to playback multichannel audio movies using pro-tools hardware?

apparently digidesign support a core audio driver. so yes hopefully in osx 10.3 catalyst will playback multichannel audio using protools hardware.

http://www.musicalmac.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=73&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

RobF
16-12-2003, 04:18 PM
This could be very handy for some ofthe permanent installations we are looking at.

Will watch this space!

samsc
22-03-2004, 06:17 PM
This could be very handy for some ofthe permanent installations we are looking at.

Will watch this space!

apple failed to get the last revision ( qt 6.5 ) to do multi-channel audio - they had promised it.
It never appeared.

dannyb
06-04-2004, 11:20 PM
The multi-channel audio support is coming soon. It has been waiting on some other existing software packages to be released with the Digi-Design hardware support.

samsc
06-04-2004, 11:21 PM
The multi-channel audio support is coming soon. It has been waiting on some other existing software packages to be released with the Digi-Design hardware support.

Who did you hear that from?
It was promised a year ago at WWDC.

I wanna do surround sound in movies....

dannyb
07-04-2004, 03:20 AM
I saw the posting and asked a friend about it. He said that it was being worked on. Not sure how soon, but hopefully very soon. I need to call Emory and ask. He is out right now. He and his wife are the proud parents of a baby girl. He's off work for this, but still answers his phone. He was going to try to get back with me tomorrow.

samsc
01-12-2004, 10:57 PM
i put audio playback into 3.3

people need to tell me if it works properly or not.