PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Display Screens

Mr_P
16-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Been using the diagnostic display screen rather a lot recently and its prompted me to ask for a slight improvement....

(using 15in screens at 1024x768)

When Looking at the AtrNet recieved screen in catalyst - all the numbers are truncated to 2 figures - and since they are diaplaying decimal values 0-255 not hex, its a real pain to read them! - any chance of a fix next time round? - or is this a problem only i'm experiencing?

When looking at the 'networked servers layer' screen - on a 15in monitor at 1024x768, all the info is cropped off of either side in the 8 layer version! (6 used to just about fit ok)

Also - when these 'Diagnostic' screens are viewed on the desktop (windowed) - as opposed to full screed mode, the edges are cropped - is it possible have them resize, so that all is visible within the window...

Following on from this - when 'Diagnostic' screens are viewed in full screen mode, can they resize to fill the whole area - instead of being quite small in the centre (in certain cases) and reduced in size in other cases - or just the addition of a zoom in/out control and scroll bars where necessary.

(Guess I could just keep specing nice 20in monitors and upping the screen resolution on the primary, when I'm only using the secondary output for show se...... - but that gets a bit expensive!!)

Cheers

S

samsc
16-01-2005, 04:31 AM
artnet values missing is an aberration. fixed a long time ago. i use this a lot in pixelmad.

networked server layers - is crappy. i moved away from this a long time ago.

Mr_P
16-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Cool - so i'll use PixelMad to view artnet input in catalyst.....

S

samsc
18-01-2005, 03:43 PM
ill try and get it fixed in catalyst.

Mr_P
23-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Open catalyst normally and do a full scan files - ie reads in all the icons...

If you open the diagnostic screens on the secondary output screen, (when maximised) when looking at the library content windows or any of the content colour/visual effect windows where content is shown - empty file holders are shown with no actual picture. (despite full scan files) close and re-open the diag screens on that output don't help.

HOWEVER, If you then open the same diag windows on the primary monitor then the content pictures appear straight away (as expected)... Then when you go back to open the screens again on the second monitor - the pictures inside the placeholders are visible. - ie icons dont appear in the 2nd monitor untill they are displayed on the first one!...

Further to this - all the content displayed (on either monitor) is mirrored... ie an arrow pointing left is displayed pointing right!

I know that if you do a quick scan files, that the content placeholders in the library views are green - but this is a different issue...

Another issue i;ve seen, but not managed to re-create, is that in the lib view diag screen - the 1st library files are shown ok. But when you look at the 2nd, 3rd etc - the pictures for are identical for the number of files that exist in each folder. (ie each icon is different - but each lib is the same as the first library - although the number of files in each folder does tally).

few more things to fix...

S

samsc
23-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Cool - so i'll use PixelMad to view artnet input in catalyst.....

S

the artnet window in pixelmad shows much more information, it shows device name ports, and input and outputs.
I needed it for a recent large show.

samsc
23-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Open catalyst normally and do a full scan files - ie reads in all the icons...
few more things to fix...

S

Yes, quite a few little problems, it was ( is ) a low priority