PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime upgrade prompt

RobF
23-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Hello,

I upgraded my dual 2.0Ghz G5 to OS 10.3.5 a while ago and then had to retro it back down to OS10.3.3 because of the compatibility issues.

I am now running QT 6.5.2 (the latest version) but ever since the "downgrade" I periodically get a reminder application which which pops up on screen telling me that new updates are available for QT. This is different from the standard OS X software upgrade reminder which prompts you to download updates for iTunes, ICal, OSX etc..

This renders the Mac unusable on shows (in dual output or mirror mode) as there appears to be no way to disable this and it can pop up at any time!

I know Catalyst can now run on 10.3.6 but I also run PixelMad and in any case I am running the most up to date version of QT (just not of Mac OS).

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm wondering if I need to run an old version of QT to complement the OS10.3.3 but would like to avoid going back if it can be helped.

Rob

RobF
23-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Oops.

Quite embarassingly simple.

To answer my own question it looks like there is a check box in QT preferences which checks for upgrades automatically (whether you are at the latest level or not).

//System Preferences/QuickTime

Somehow when I re-installed, this box came back checked whereas it had not been previously.

Could have sworn I went through all the preferences but its always good to go back and check these things again.

Its usually something simple...

samsc
24-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm wondering if I need to run an old version of QT to complement the OS10.3.3

Quicktime installs are almost always completely independant of os versions.

Dihleggom
12-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Achtung!!