PDA

View Full Version : SDI Output and Genlock Via DLSP

litemover
12-04-2004, 02:56 AM
Just thought of this and I think it would work though it would pass through YUV first.

What if you used a Decklink SP and the new Radeon YUV component video adapter (29.95) in conjuncion together to create an internal scan converter with genlock?

You would pipe the output of the radeon 9800 DVI through the radeon YUV Adapter, route it to the Decklink SP's YUV inputs and bob's your uncle, you would have a YUV bridge to an SDI output card. Then create another key that would put the decklink output monitor in full screen mode Catalyst output similar to a,s,d,f, I guess it could be g and h. It would be brilliant if you could stack these and use them as alternative outputs.

Then you could use a blackburst signal from a video truck to genlock to it. This would especially help in live productions that switch between 24p and 29.97 camera modes which seems to be becoming more and more a trend these days.

Would be a very inexpesive scan converter with genlock, though through component video.

Christian

Christian

Spam Butterfly
16-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Christian,

The Catalyst to SDI thing is something I and others have been musing over for years.

Firstly, a lot of the Catalyst stuff is calculated in Open GL on the graphics card, so routing the Catalyst output back through the SDI output on your decklink is not really an option. The other thing is that you'd want to genlock the output from the Radeon rather than the input.

Thirdly, I was under the impression that the ATI DVI to Component Video was a PC only option.

I'm afraid that scan converters are the only way to get Genlock and SDI output.

Hugh

samsc
16-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Just thought of this and I think it would work though it would pass through YUV first.

What if you used a Decklink SP and the new Radeon YUV component video adapter (29.95) in conjuncion together to create an internal scan converter with genlock?

You would pipe the output of the radeon 9800 DVI through the radeon YUV Adapter, route it to the Decklink SP's YUV inputs and bob's your uncle, you would have a YUV bridge to an SDI output card. Then create another key that would put the decklink output monitor in full screen mode Catalyst output similar to a,s,d,f, I guess it could be g and h. It would be brilliant if you could stack these and use them as alternative outputs.

Then you could use a blackburst signal from a video truck to genlock to it. This would especially help in live productions that switch between 24p and 29.97 camera modes which seems to be becoming more and more a trend these days.

Would be a very inexpesive scan converter with genlock, though through component video.

Christian

Christian

there is a box that already does this.
i already made a post.
http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?t=205&highlight=dvi2tv

you really want to do something like this.
converting dvi straight to sdi with genlock - bypassing computer - is the best way.