PDA

View Full Version : Syphon resolution

Barret
19-03-2014, 05:24 AM
I'm currently hoping to make use of syphon to bring an interactive element to a show within catalyst.
However, I can't seem to get the quartz file to render at anything other than 640x480 - any suggestions

richm
21-03-2014, 11:36 AM
In my experience, if your syphon server is set to use the OpenGL scene as its source, the image dimensions are the same as the QC viewer window, which you can resize.
If the image is plugged directly into the server patch, the render size is set by the pixel dimensions of the image or passed by the parameters of the patch which is generating it (font size and that sort of thing).

hope that helps
rick

Barret
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the reply - As far as my tests show Catalyst will still only render the quartz file at 640x480. If i'm missing something it be great to be proven otherwise

thanks

barret

Barret
22-04-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm still not getting anywhere with this. although syphon is now working in Catalyst I can't get the render to be any higher than 640x480 even though it's being produced at 1024x768 (using isadora in this case).

Again, any help would be highly appreciated.

it maybe worth mentioning that i didn't get the interactive element to work in quartz using the kineme core plugin preferences within quartz composer but only using this command line in terminal:
defaults write com.apple.QuartzComposer.editor KCSafeModeOverride -dict-add 'CatalystPM 4.40_m466_HD' '( "QCPlugInPatch" )'

(thanks to Bernielomax and Richard for info in the previous quartz threads btw)

Barret
27-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm still not getting anywhere with this. although syphon is now working in Catalyst I can't get the render to be any higher than 640x480 even though it's being produced at 1024x768 (using isadora in this case).

Again, any help would be highly appreciated.

it maybe worth mentioning that i didn't get the interactive element to work in quartz using the kineme core plugin preferences within quartz composer but only using this command line in terminal:
defaults write com.apple.QuartzComposer.editor KCSafeModeOverride -dict-add 'CatalystPM 4.40_m466_HD' '( "QCPlugInPatch" )'

(thanks to Bernielomax and Richard for info in the previous quartz threads btw)

I've got to bump this as it's driving me mad - is anyone else using Syphon and managing resolutions more that 640x480

Barret
18-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I've finally found a solution!!

Option + Click 'Editor' in the Menu bar's Preferences.
Select (Quicktime) (if not displayed, you may have to restart QC).
Change the Default width and height to your preferred resolution.