PDA

View Full Version : Dim outputs following remote shutdown.

cibj88
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what the 'Send shutdown to all connected computers' remote command does. Obviously it sends a shut down command remotely but does it change any other settings?

I used it for the first time today and since then my outputs from datapath x4 seem really dim. Is it possible that it could restore an output's colour profile to default? If so, is it a know a bug, has anyone else come across this sort of thing before?

cibj88
01-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Have managed to restore the correct brightness, but still no wiser as to what may have caused it.

Restarted server: Made no difference to remaining dimness

Checked display/color settings in System Preferences: No change. Expected settings.

Loaded a Back Up show file: Fixed Brightness.

Restored show file with dimness: Brightness issue no longer apparent.

Mr_P
02-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Check what the colour profile is set to on output 2 in system preferences/displays

Should be 'generic RGB'
Not the 'Datapath' profile
Apparently the Datapath profile has the incorrect gamma value - so best avoided

Please report any issues with dimness being observed - has been seen on other shows - but is related to Datapath colour profile - not catalyst software.

In some cases the Datapath profile seems to get automatically selected - but not managed to replicate the issue or re-create the scenario where it gets changed...

Until resolved - please check the colour profile settings in system preferences for each display (usually should be 'generic RGB')

S