PDA

View Full Version : Crash with new user

Barret
08-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I'm having to leave my laptop for a show in china next week (not by choice). I've set-up new user just to run Catalyst but when I log in and try to open catalyst it keeps crashing on starting up. If I log back into the original admin everything is fine. I've tried it with a completely new and empty show but its always the same.
Can anyone help?

Running 10.8.5 - m364.

I've attached a copy of the crash log

cheers

Barret

wodie
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Take a look for the files that store Catalyst settings, your new user need to have rights to read an write including the containing folder.
Try making a copy of the Catalyst folder to an USB stick, next log with your new user account and copy the folder from your USB back to the computer.
Hope that helps.

Barret
14-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Take a look for the files that store Catalyst settings, your new user need to have rights to read an write including the containing folder.
Try making a copy of the Catalyst folder to an USB stick, next log with your new user account and copy the folder from your USB back to the computer.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. i found the problem in the end - it was the flip4mac codec in the quicktime folder - ugly stuff!