PDA

View Full Version : Patch

escueto
31-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Possible development.
If you could make the patch in Catalyst like consoles as they do you could choose a range of devices and Catalyst do it alone.
Would be helpful for those who manage layers, mixer (select, type, colors, curve), etc. run by console.

thanks Richard

NevBull
31-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry - could you explain that a little clearer - I am not sure what you are meaning

Nev.

mlorenz
31-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Nev,

i think he would like that there is a patch window like in a console.
So that you only tell Catalyst to have like 8 layer, 8 mixes, 8 volumes, e.g. fixtures 1-24 and then could say 1 thru 24 at 1

If you have an ipad go and get the catalyst remote software you can get in the app-store... Works great and does a lot of this stuff

escueto
01-09-2013, 11:15 AM
To make a patch average.
In my case 20 layers , 5 Mixer "complete" ( MIx Type + Select + MIx Mix Color) and 2 Mix Curve .

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 1
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- layer 2
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 3
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 4
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 5
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 6
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 7
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 8
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 9
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 10
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 11
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 12
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 13
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 14
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 15
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 16
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 17
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 18
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 19
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer 20

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 1
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 2
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 3
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4- Layer vol 4

And up to 20 ...

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended Vix fx Params 1
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended Vix fx Params 2

And up to 20

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended col fx Params 1
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Catalyst v4 extended col fx Params 2

And up to 20

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Layer Select 1 - 32ch
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Layer Select 2 - 32ch

Only 5 times ..

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Type 1 - 63ch
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix -Type 2 - 63ch

5 times.

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Color FX 1 - 9ch
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix- Color FX 2 - 9ch

5 times.

We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix -Curve Points 1 - 64ch
We select the mode ( arnet ), then the first channel , then we choose Mix -Curve Points 2 - 64ch

Well, sorry to have been so repetitive, but I had to illustrate the case.

If we could do it this way :

--- Fixture: Catalyst v4- layer 1
-> Quantity : 20
-> first DMX channel 001
-> mode : Arnet 0 .

and already handles Catalyst do the rest.

For now only be able to do so and would be helpful .
( then later when this implemented already , hehe, would ask more things : intelligent control channel collision , dmx patch screen , drag and drop ... and ... ).

Regards and hope this clearer now the matter .

Eduardo Cueto

mlorenz
02-09-2013, 02:44 PM
If you have a look in the XML files you can also edit your patch there.

I have the catalyst remote. This does the job for me when I setup my server.
Have a look here:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/catalyst-rc/id602186586?mt=8

kiwi
16-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Agreed. Even splitting the list up into sub categories; layer, mix type, custom serial etc. would help speed things up.

5th Element
26-09-2013, 04:15 AM
I would love to see this also, It gets tedious doing this over and over when the options you want are way at the bottom. What XML file would need to be edited to do this faster? What is the procedure?
While the app is nice, it doesn't allow for complicated patching. Only has a start address and it goes in order.
Thanks!