PDA

View Full Version : Updating a Backup

Trench117
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi,

I'm running two cats one main and one backup. Back up receiving remote commands from cat A.

I want to update cat b with new presets/edited presets and content, but without wiping out cat Bs setting eg remote settings.

At the moment I'm copying the content and cat folder across from A and setting up the remote settings again. I do have chrono sync but unsure of what files to update and which ones not too.

Cheers.

Trench

Mr_P
06-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Chronosync is great for updating content folders - just remember to scan files after sync.

If you want to copy the presets from A to B - then you can copy the Preset.txt file from your current catalyst folder from A to B
Ensure that you 'Save all settings' on A before you copy to B

However, you would have to restart the Catalyst application on B for it to read the Preset.txt file at startup to import the new presets from A

You could use chronosync to do this if Catalyst was not running on B - because quitting Catalyst on B would wipe out any copied Preset.txt file copied from A as all settings are saved on quit...

S

Badhurst
22-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Chronosync is great for updating content folders - just remember to scan files after sync.

If you want to copy the presets from A to B - then you can copy the Preset.txt file from your current catalyst folder from A to B
Ensure that you 'Save all settings' on A before you copy to B

However, you would have to restart the Catalyst application on B for it to read the Preset.txt file at startup to import the new presets from A

You could use chronosync to do this if Catalyst was not running on B - because quitting Catalyst on B would wipe out any copied Preset.txt file copied from A as all settings are saved on quit...

S

Hey Simon,

Would it also be possible to do this by open up the presets text file and copy all of the text referring to the presets needing to be transferred and then paste them into an open copy of the presets text file for the other version of the show?...even for a relative newbie?

Thanks,
:0)

S[/QUOTE]

NevBull
22-03-2016, 09:00 PM
The format of the XML file which stores the Preset data is far too complicated to do this - the data is not all stored in one 'chunk' - it's spread out throughout the file.

Nev.