PDA

View Full Version : slowing down SMPTE

Jovaaa
12-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi,

When playing a timecode cd in a cd player and changing the tempo (pitch) up or down Catalyst stops playback of the video.

Is it possible for catalyst keep locked on a slower running smpte signal? Got it working on some other videoapps but rather run Catalyst for this.

kind regards Joost

technick
12-04-2013, 08:48 PM
If the SMPTE is coming from the Audio then changing the audio pitch will probably corrupt the SMPTE.

If you want the movie to play slower either just trigger it from SMPTE and let it free run at a slower speed or generate a SMPTE track with a lower frame rate.

I believe that catalyst simply plays 1 frame of movie per frame of SMPTE received.

Mr_P
12-04-2013, 09:57 PM
There is an option in the SMPTE device control to 'Enable SMPTE playspeed'
you may need to ensure that this is enabled as its usually disabled as default.

But it does also depend upon your SMPTE playback device and what it does to the sound (SMPTE) when at different playback speeds...

s

Jovaaa
04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Thx Simon works pretty ok for 20% speed up and slow down.
Other question (maybe make a new topic?). I've got like 30 video's starting every 10min. I made a que list to creat a offset. But if the harddisk player starts in the middle of a video/song it misses the in que for setting up the right video. Is there a work around for that? So that Catalyst knows ie if timecode is inbetween 1h10m00s00f and 1h19h59s24f start video #9 ect. Know it always needs to start at 1h10m00s00f so tehe quelist sets up the right video.

thx Joost

Mr_P
04-05-2013, 11:20 PM
You need to sync the content as well as the cue for this to happen

Use m364
Change your playmode to 72 - 'sync to smpte L auto load offset'
Enter the timecode start value for each clip in the library HUD

You may also need to check the options on the timecode device in the catalyt control window

Ensure that you have sufficient preroll - never start at zero - always add min 5 second preroll to ensure that smpte is running correctly and you hit your cue

Also see previous thread with more info...
samsc.com/showpost.php?p=10781&postcount=22
S