PDA

View Full Version : managing mixes from Hog3

idoru
14-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi to everybody
I've got some presets with different mixes options about curved and keystone.
now I'd like to control these presets from Hog3 and I'd like to setup a cuelist with a fadein/fadeout from a preset to another.
I just was able to switch from a preset to another, and I was forced to put intensity @0 before every switch.
any suggestions?

thanks

Paco

Mr_P
15-03-2013, 07:05 PM
You can't fade between presets using DMX timing from the cuelist on the console.
So your current method of intensity at 0 is correct.

To see any fades between presets - you would have to apply timing to the relevant parameters in the presets IN CATALYST
Then when the preset is triggered by DMX you will see a 'fade'

However - it depends upon the content of your preset...
Changing between a curved mix and keystone mix is not a fadable attribute...
but changing the keystone value of that curved or keystoned mix is...
(and obviously most layer attributed are fadable)

Alternatively - if you have a hog3 - then ignore presets in catalyst - and just program your show using the full capabilities of the DMX console to control the layers and any mix parameters required...!!!

S

SourceChild
20-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Controlling Mixes from DMX is a pain in the ass. If you do it, I recommend using the desk to adjust then capture as a preset in Catalyst. Then use the desk to trigger the presets. You'll find that Mix states do not behave predictably when run with DMX.

idoru
21-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Simon, Hi Todd
Thanks for your suggestions
As I said I've always used presets on catalyst to save mixes status when using curved, and then I've recalled them with a beam palette on hog3
Unfortunately this means that there's a big job on catalyst, and if you can use it in front of the screen it's very hard and as todd says, it's another pain in the ass.
anyway if I would choose the pain of controlling mixes by dmx, which kind of fixture library I have to use adding to the standard Catalyst fixture Library?