PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst rc

Mr_P
05-03-2013, 08:18 AM
CATALYST RC for iPad - thoroughly recommended!...

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/catalyst-rc/id602186586?mt=8

Simon

stevejarden
05-03-2013, 08:34 AM
is there any documentation in english for this?

Mr_P
05-03-2013, 10:55 AM
will be soon...

DDoehler
08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey Steve,

I'm working with this Tool since it was in a beta state. It's pretty easy to use..., you won't need a documentation.

OlliR
09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I have been testing this App since early beta stadium - and it´s worth every single cent of its 99 EUR price point...
It safes you a big amount of your precious time.

You will find it quite helpful to move and size mixes and adjust geometry without displaying the HUD GUI...

ajmaudio
27-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Does the app exist in english? it says it does in the app store but none of the info on the store page is in english so I wonder???

mlorenz
27-03-2013, 07:17 PM
The App is done in english!!!
Made by a german company

It explains itself when used... No documentation needed for cat-users

ajmaudio
28-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the reply mlorenz, I think it would be doable even in german as it looks pretty straight forward. Looks Like a nice tool

mlorenz
30-03-2013, 04:58 PM
It is straight forward... Just follow the app step by step...
If you have any questions, there are a lot of beta-testers of this app here in this forum

blamelewis
08-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey, it looks good - can anyone expand on how it works, specifically a list of features, and what connection method it uses to hook into a server?

Thanks

Tim

OlliR
09-07-2013, 01:06 AM
I have been working with the Catalyst RC app since it´s early beta stages.
I really made my life alot easier.
The app sends HTTP commands to Catalyst´s build in web-server which has a powerful set of commands.

In the app you can organize your servers by assigning mixes to servers or use mixes as parts of a multiscreen.
Most of the mix setups can be done via the app - it is really practical for keystone or curved screen setups. And even if it only is shifting your mix a little to hit the LED wall pixel accurate.
But there is much more functionality - like send a quick scan files to the servers after uploading new content.
A really nice feature is the Quickpatch routine which does all the layer patching and adressing in Catalyst software for you - saves a lot of time.

If you are a regular Catalyst user then the app will soon pay back in making so much tasks shorter, easier and more comfortable.

mlorenz
09-07-2013, 04:20 PM
In addition what Olli said, you also can adjust some mix-parameters more precise and have larger range, e.g. offset of x&y

blamelewis
10-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks both for adding that info, much appreciated!

Tim